By Luke Heintschel • June 25, 2019
On the Son Rise Morning Show, Dr. Trasancos explains that "words are supposed to be our way of conforming our minds to reality." What we say matters, and the Catholic Church is more in sync with science than popular pro-choice slogans.
Executive Director of the St. Philip Institute, Dr. Stacy Trasancos, writes for the National Catholic Register:
"Truth cannot contradict truth." The Church echoes this axiom into the present. That’s all the pro-life movement needs for a slogan.
East Texas news site, KLTV, recently published a story about the Special Needs Ministry in the Diocese of Tyler. Click here to check it out!
Ministering to individuals with special needs and their families is an important mission for Bishop Joseph Strickland. He has said,
Care for those among us with special needs is part of our Catholic commitment to the Sanctity of Human Life. People with special needs are our Catholic brothers and sisters, beloved of God. Families who love and support members with special needs need our support, they are heroically living out that call to love one another which comes from Jesus Christ. Let us pray for all of these families, and the tremendous witness to they offer to the world concerning the dignity and value of every single human person.
The Diocese of Tyler Special Needs Ministry exists to:
- Show compassion and understanding for those who struggle with disabilities.
- Include those with disabilities and their families more into the life of the Church.
- Establish specific areas in the diocese where people with disabilities can serve the Lord and others.
- Instruct these individuals in their duty towards God and help them grow in devotion.
- Work with families, pastors and DREs concerning preparation and celebration of the sacraments for individuals with special needs.
- Bring together families of this community for spiritual formation, and educational and social gatherings.
February 18, 2019: Live from the St. Philip Institute studio in Tyler, Bishop Strickland was a featured guest on the popular radio show, Catholic Answers Live! He discussed his recent Valentines article entitled, Glorious Chastity, in which he contrasted God's plan for human sexuality with the devastating sex we often see in the culture today. Several members of the Institute were able to watch live, as he was interviewed by Jerry Usher on the popular Catholic radio show. Catholic Answers Live is featured on many Catholic Radio providers throughout the country.
By Luke Heintschel • February 13, 2019
Click "Read more" below to listen!